Shlomo Orr , Ph.D., PE (Alberta)
Years of experience: 35
President & CEO
Dr. Orr's expertise spans over several areas of engineering and science, from data analysis to numerical and stochastic modeling, optimization, risk assessment, and intelligent systems applications.
- Ph.D., Hydrology and Water Resources, with minor in Soil and Water Sciences (1993) University of Arizona, College of Engineering and Mines, Department of Hydrology, Tucson, AZ
- Master of Science, Civil Engineering (1987), University of Hawaii, Dept. of Civil Engineering, Honolulu, HI
- Bachelor of Science, Civil Engineering (1984), Technion - Israel Institute Technology, Haifa, Israel
- Taught graduate courses in groundwater hydrology and geostatistics
- Taught a course in geostatistics (hands-on, using geostatistical software)
and groundwater modeling to professional consultants (with J. Bear)
- Taught heap (multi-phase) flow dynamics in an SME course on heap leaching
- Advised Master and Ph.D. students on advanced projects
- Peer-Reviewer for Transport in Porous Media (Elsevier) and several other leading journals.
- Reviewer of a new book by Bear and Cheng, Modeling Groundwater Flow and Contaminant Transport.
- Appointed to Advisory Boards reviewing environmental investigations and clean-ups for the U.S. Army, Air Force, and Navy
Company founder Shlomo Orr is a leading expert in modeling of complex systems with emphasis on subsurface fluid dynamics and various industrial applications